Wednesday, November 26, 2014

Back to Africa: Nairobi Translation Trip

Preparations - Preparations - and Packing!

The past two weeks I've logged untold hours editing the Romans talks from Scott's teaching in Ethiopia during our May conference. There was a need to clean up the English track by deleting the other language that Scott's mic picked up during the conference. It took 4+ hours to clean up each session and their were 18 sessions. But now, by God's grace, I'm able to head off to Nairobi, Kenya early tomorrow morning to meet up with Bonheur from Rwanda and Joel from Tanzania who will be translating the Romans talks into French and Swahili respectively.

I packed all day and Cathryn treated me to an early Thanksgiving meal for two. Now for a few hours of sleep before she takes me out to the airport. I should arrive in Nairobi tomorrow (Thursday 27 Nov) in the evening. Ken Onywoki, RP's Kenyan National Director, will pick me up from the airport and take me to a retreat center where the other men and I will work until Dec 9th on recording and editing the two languages. We appreciate all the prayer support you can provide us with.



No comments:

Post a Comment